Wilderness achievements & additions

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness achievements & additions

Post by Gethigh udie » Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 pm

James wrote:
Gethigh udie wrote:Oh i read it, i'm not just talking about it being limited to edgeville as they stated 100 DEEP kills also, (probably a mid-level requirement as well). Obviously blatantly boosting at edgeville will make it much harder for those that do. But they will just make it seem like fights, stage em in their welfare gear and still boost (obviously doing it to much will make it noticeable)... Did you read it? Cause what is the difference in going deep to boost 500, compared to 100? Or staging fights at edgeville, but friends letting them get the kill? I'm simply bring up points and a opinion, that could be discussed. (Plus like i said im all for the achievement diaries, more then just wildy bring out others. Narrowing down the boosters, and cheaters. And all for more requirements for comp.)
Mike wrote: [*]Get 100 kills in Edgeville wilderness (up to level 5)
[*]Get 100 kills near the mage bank
As previously said by Rapsey, this will not stop boosting. However, it will significantly lower the rates. By introducing zones where the kills must be achieved you are obviously going to limit the amount of boosting as people cannot run into a far corner and kill each other. Once again, the 500 kills were everywhere. The 100 kills are limited to a zone. It's really not that complicated, I don't see how you can't see the correlation between a smaller area resulting in less room to boost. Staging fights cannot be prevented. If you would rather go through the effort of staging 100 fights than just do the kills be my guest. Good luck getting more than a handful of people willing to do this with you and someone not catching on to it.

I'm not going to bother responding to you again if you still can't see the difference between the two. Best of luck with your endeavors, amigo.
As i stated, i have my kills and I can pk fine. I don't need to stage anything, was simply an example and you feel like people wouldn't? Cause im fairly certain they would. There is no confusion in limiting people from getting there kills in a specific area or anywhere in the wild. Obiviously its intentions are to have it fairly packed with people, and make it much harder to boost. Limiting people to 100 kills in one area, instead of 500 anywhere will just make the amount of time the boosters need, to about the same to achieve the same goal, boosted kills. Once all the already comped players have their capes back, and at or around mage bank becomes vacant, and edge goes back to empty. The boosting will continue. Yes obviously it will always be much harder to boost at edge, but there are times its empty, and they can do there boosting and staging. As i stated, 500 kill requirement should stay, and new requirements should continue to be implemented (just my opinion). Banning all the abusers, and leaving them remain banned would also lower the rates, and everyone else would be able to continue getting there kills just fine. They generalize as most comp kills being boost, and I don't believe that, I feel very little boosters actually do it for comp, rather they boost there emblems and pkp and that will continue as they can still do it anywhere. In all reality its just fucking over everyone who put the time and effort into getting the kills for comp. It should come down to one or the other as a requirement to not put everyone who had done it legit (Which I feel are most compers) or Both, 500 kills & the achievement diary being required.
Last edited by Gethigh udie on Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Opulent
Honor Player

Post by Opulent » Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Why is everyone generalizing that current comps are boosted? Is there a proof that majority of the comps are boosted? Afaik there's only been very few cases where people have boosted?
Mike wrote:I played with the idea of allowing players to substitute certain PvP tasks with the 500 kills they have so far, but since a lot (if not most) of those are boosted anyway, we may want to have everyone redo all tasks.
Majority of the people I see with comps I've seen pking in edge as well... How do you create such an assumption? I want you to prove me wrong because atm it looks like the current comp owners are just getting bum fucked.

The change wouldn't be so bad if you didn't remove the old(current) req because currently it means we got the kills for absolutely nothing, they will turn into wasted time spent grinding for comp.

Also, having LUCK based requirements for comp is an absolute joke. Player A gets the drop in 10 kills, player B in 500 or more kills. Just no.

Also, most ench comp owners have their customs attached to their comps. If/when these changes are implemented, does this mean the customs will be stuck in the comps we're unable to use until we achieve the new reqs?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Opulent wrote:Why is everyone generalizing that current comps are boosted? Is there a proof that majority of the comps are boosted? Afaik there's only been very few cases where people have boosted?
Mike wrote:I played with the idea of allowing players to substitute certain PvP tasks with the 500 kills they have so far, but since a lot (if not most) of those are boosted anyway, we may want to have everyone redo all tasks.
Majority of the people I see with comps I've seen pking in edge as well... How do you create such an assumption? I want you to prove me wrong because atm it looks like the current comp owners are just getting bum fucked.

The change wouldn't be so bad if you didn't remove the old(current) req because currently it means we got the kills for absolutely nothing, they will turn into wasted time spent grinding for comp.

Also, having LUCK based requirements for comp is an absolute joke. Player A gets the drop in 10 kills, player B in 500 or more kills. Just no.

Also, most ench comp owners have their customs attached to their comps. If/when these changes are implemented, does this mean the customs will be stuck in the comps we're unable to use until we achieve the new reqs?
Going to have to agree with this. I have about 9-10 players that I know got their 500 pk requirement without boosting.
Boosting has never been a huge issue in terms of comp cape. It was only ever an issue with people boosting for emblems, and then people like kishan boosting their streak. I really like the Idea of a wilderness diary, but I think that the diary should not involve too much pking. And you should be able to use either the 500 kills or the diary for comp requirement.

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Opulent wrote:Why is everyone generalizing that current comps are boosted? Is there a proof that majority of the comps are boosted? Afaik there's only been very few cases where people have boosted?

I agree with you, I feel very little people actually boosted there requirements for comp when they could just gear and kill pvmers & skillers, or welfare at edge. (yes of course there has been some, and will continue to always be some who boost) I feel most of the boosters are just boosting emblems and pkp for cash and gear. And limiting players going for comp, to pk in single areas won't stop them type of boosters. And very good point about the whips in the capes as you can't even split them with the magical cape rack at the moment, even if you wanted to take them out to use until you achieved the requirements again.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed May 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Dfs will cancel out any damage done by another dfs making it a useless challenge, also I thought we wanted to stray away from making the dfs the go to shield?

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Wed May 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Wasn't this meant to provide an alternative to the 500 kills req because some people find it too hard or completely pointless (irons)?
How did it come to additional requirements for current comp owners?

Tom061202
Honor Player

Post by Tom061202 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 pm

I was all in favor of a change for comp requirements... I think 500 kills shouldn't be a "completionist" requirement but only a pking requirement to another cape like a pking cape or whatever... But if you are going to "lower the requirement" to 250 kills in wildy and 4 times tier 7 emblem, but put a shit ton of other requirements to it, I personnally want to keep that 500 kills requirement instead then... Like serioulsy? 100 kills near mage bank would take as much time as the whole 500 kills requirement... My suggestion would be to make comp cape obtainable without having to kill players. Instead, you could add to the npc kills already required. What I think you should do is to add wilderness monsters kills requirement instead of just safe npcs... If I'm not mistaking there are only KBDs and Chaos Eles to kill. That way, comp would not be obtainable without risk and it would take as long as if it still had the 500 kills requirement.

Accumulate

Post by Accumulate » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Tom061202 wrote:I was all in favor of a change for comp requirements... I think 500 kills shouldn't be a "completionist" requirement but only a pking requirement to another cape like a pking cape or whatever... But if you are going to "lower the requirement" to 250 kills in wildy and 4 times tier 7 emblem, but put a shit ton of other requirements to it, I personnally want to keep that 500 kills requirement instead then... Like serioulsy? 100 kills near mage bank would take as much time as the whole 500 kills requirement... My suggestion would be to make comp cape obtainable without having to kill players. Instead, you could add to the npc kills already required. What I think you should do is to add wilderness monsters kills requirement instead of just safe npcs... If I'm not mistaking there are only KBDs and Chaos Eles to kill. That way, comp would not be obtainable without risk and it would take as long as if it still had the 500 kills requirement.
Comp means Completionist a.k.a completeing all aspects of the game. PKing is a huge aspect of the game. If PKing was removed from comp cape the wildy would die instantly. Keep the 500 kills and add additional pvm reqs into the wild such as KC on bosses. DO NOT add rng based reqs as that is retarded and requires no skill, but luck.

Also, you assume everyone boosted Mike, which is frankly very ignorant of you. Come and spend some time in the wild yourself without going off assumptions of only those who cannot pk and refuse to learn. Also, I think your opinion is swayed too much by irrelevant contributors who are either banned or have quit. Listen to your active players more.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed May 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Azu rite wrote:Dfs will cancel out any damage done by another dfs making it a useless challenge, also I thought we wanted to stray away from making the dfs the go to shield?
True. You should actually reward people for killing people while using a defender if anything.

Pearlescent
Premium Donator

Post by Pearlescent » Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 am

As someone who hates pking and only got the 500 kill req so that I could continue to do what I enjoy and PvM with the best gear possible it seems extremely unnecessary punishing people who already have a comp cape by making them basically need to do all the PvP reqs again.

It strikes me as an unnecessary way to make temporary wilderness activity at the cost of the enjoyment of a fair amount of proven dedicated players, it is more than fair to REPLACE the 500 kill req with the diary or have either be an option but current owners should not be punished for getting comp earlier than others.